Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Ever Mission Conference


Hi Family and Friends,
I'm sure that every former missionary remembers the visits of GA's to their missions. Each missionary takes so much from the talks given and feels personal guidance and instructions from these humble leaders. If you would like to, share some your memories....
Love, Lori


Hey Family!

So I’m super excited for this week! We have the first ever mission conference with Elder L. Tom Perry and Elder Richard Maynes. It should be way good.

We had a great zone meeting this morning and President Gelwix just randomly showed up while we were there singing. He said he woke up and felt impressed to come to our meeting. And we talked a lot about the spirit and how we as missionaries are supposed to teach others through the spirit. The spirit is literally teaching others and using us as that pathway to get them to feel it.

So our area right now, we're basically starting over. During weekly planning last week we decided that we needed to drop our investigators and just start from scratch. So that's what we did. We are tracting all day and contacting "formers" and stuff. I feel confident that it should produce success.

The other night at our investigator activity that we hold every Thursday one of our investigators named Ana came up to me and asked me a question. She said, "So if I was already baptized by immersion in a Christian church, why do I have to be re-baptized in your church".

So I asked her, "Well did the person who baptized you have the authority?" She said, "Well yes, straight from God." And I asked her what she remembered about Jose Smith. And she said, "He was the guy who saw God and stuff." And I told her about him and bore my testimony that that actually happened. That Joseph Smith really did see God the Father and the Son. And I said, "Well if that actually happened, then the authority of God was restored to him and we have that same authority today." So I committed her to pray and ask if he was a prophet and if she got the answer that he was a true prophet would she be baptized. And she said, "Wow are you kidding me!? Of course I will!" I was laughing cause that answer just caught me off guard. Hahaha.
Nyal & Brent

Well, that's all for this week. I hope you all have fun going up to Utah to hang out. Are Brent's papers almost done? Is he going to wait for Nyal to get home to open his call?

I hope everything is well with you back home!

Take care!

Love,

Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment