Because the libraries were closed yesterday for Labor Day, we are emailing today.
| Elder Rodriguez |
On Saturday we get to go harvest at the Vineyard in Madera! I'm way excited about that! I just need a huge sombrero and some sweet boots to match everyone. Hahaha But we get to harvest all the grapes and I’ll make sure to take pictures.
| Isidro, 2nd baptism! |
Victor is hard to get to church. Right now his dad is forcing him to go to some Spanish witch doctor to cure his epilepsy. His dad thinks the witch doctor is working because he started going there at the same time he started talking to us. So we're working on that. His dad is just really forceful and controlling. Victor knows it was the church that changed and helped him.
Andres is hard to get a hold of. We are still working on just keeping commitments. We just have to take it one slow step at a time with him.
| Jared's ready! |
I'm so excited that Jared is doing lacrosse! I wish I were there to help him. Starting it up is always the hardest part. Is he going to play for the Heat?
I'm not allowed to take any videos, but I can do those voice recording things. I just am so busy. P-Days are the busiest of all days too. Yosemite should be coming up soon. I keep saying that, but it will. Soon.
I had a miracle last night. I normally don't feel comfortable at Spanish when I’m by myself. And last night Elder Rodriguez had to go on a quick exchange and I was stuck with one of the English elders. I had to teach FHE all by myself for a whole hour. And it was weird. Like all of the sudden Spanish just flew out of my mouth nice and smooth. And I didn't even make mistakes. It was just really random that all of the sudden I could speak without even thinking. And afterwards one of the people there asked what areas I had been in for the past year and how soon I’m going home. And I just told her that this is my first area and she was shocked.
It felt good to be comfortable talking finally. I guess when I was finally put under pressure and forced to speak with no help or people to back me up there (because I didn't have elder Rodriguez or a dictionary) that is when I learn the most. And I’m grateful for that opportunity I had to teach by myself and learn so much so fast.
I know that I have been called to be a Spanish missionary for some reason. I know that the Lord has blessed me with the gift of tongues and the ability to learn a language so fast. There is no other way a person could do that by themselves.
Thanks for everything!
Have a great week!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment