Hey Family!
I've had a pretty good week here. On Saturday we were able to go harvest grapes at the vineyard! It was way way fun. It doesn't seem like much, but it was just fun to realize that these grapes are going to be all over the world soon, and everything is free. No one is paid for the service and you don't have to buy the food either.
The Sanger ward has had 30 baptisms year-to date so far. We have made a goal of 30 more by the end of the year. Last year this ward had 26 the whole year. Elder Rodriguez and I have made a goal of 6 baptisms by the end of the transfer. Right now we have 6 with a baptismal date for September. We are
just working really hard on finding new investigators.
It's still way hot here. It's actually cooling down, but getting more humid for some reason. So I’m still soaking wet when I come home and pass out at night. I literally walk in the door at 9 PM and just die every night. That's something President Gelwix has stressed so much in this mission. That we walk through that door ready to die because we gave the Lord everything we had. Finishing the day with no regrets. That's my goal for each day. To just work so hard that I don't have anything left at the end of the day.
We bike a ton because we only get 325 miles per month on the car. Oh, maybe I should be a salesman because somehow I convinced our vehicle coordinator to give us a new car. Hahaha I gave him the Corolla we had and we traded for a new Malibu. And I convinced him to reset our miles for the month. But biking is getting easier after each week. I absolutely hated biking the first couple of weeks, but now it's actually fun and not super hard anymore.
That's so cool for Jordan Vogan! (Called to serve in the Costa Rica San Juan Mission!) I'm way excited for him! Tell him congrats for me. So many of us will be able to speak Spanish when we come back.
Yo se que esta iglesia es la solamente iglesia verdadera en todo el mundo. Yo se que mediante Jose Smith, el plentitude del evangelio fue restaurado y que la autoridad de sacerdocio de dios esta aqui tambien. Yo se que el don de lenguas es real y que cuando yo trabajo como duro es possible con todo mi alma, fuerza, y mente que yo puedo veer todas las bendiciones que tengo.
Thanks for all you do for me!
Love,
Elder Gygi
The Sanger ward has had 30 baptisms year-to date so far. We have made a goal of 30 more by the end of the year. Last year this ward had 26 the whole year. Elder Rodriguez and I have made a goal of 6 baptisms by the end of the transfer. Right now we have 6 with a baptismal date for September. We are
just working really hard on finding new investigators.
It's still way hot here. It's actually cooling down, but getting more humid for some reason. So I’m still soaking wet when I come home and pass out at night. I literally walk in the door at 9 PM and just die every night. That's something President Gelwix has stressed so much in this mission. That we walk through that door ready to die because we gave the Lord everything we had. Finishing the day with no regrets. That's my goal for each day. To just work so hard that I don't have anything left at the end of the day.
We bike a ton because we only get 325 miles per month on the car. Oh, maybe I should be a salesman because somehow I convinced our vehicle coordinator to give us a new car. Hahaha I gave him the Corolla we had and we traded for a new Malibu. And I convinced him to reset our miles for the month. But biking is getting easier after each week. I absolutely hated biking the first couple of weeks, but now it's actually fun and not super hard anymore.
![]() |
| Congrats Jordan! |
Yo se que esta iglesia es la solamente iglesia verdadera en todo el mundo. Yo se que mediante Jose Smith, el plentitude del evangelio fue restaurado y que la autoridad de sacerdocio de dios esta aqui tambien. Yo se que el don de lenguas es real y que cuando yo trabajo como duro es possible con todo mi alma, fuerza, y mente que yo puedo veer todas las bendiciones que tengo.
Thanks for all you do for me!
Elder Gygi
| Sean & Taylor, Msasani, Tanzania |

No comments:
Post a Comment