Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Miraculous Week



Hey Family!

Wow, what a crazy miracle that you had this past week! It really is a miracle that all those people were there to help and knew exactly what to do. I will be praying for Brother H.

So for calling on Christmas day, we can't use Skype. And you have to call me I guess. I don't know the phone number right now, but I’ll let you know. I'll probably have someone call you and give it to you. And we have church from 10-11:30 I believe. So whenever our schedules match up will be perfect. And it's only for 40 minutes so keep that in mind. 

I had a pretty good week this week. We had Mission Leadership Training this past week for two days for all the leaders. And Elder Luna is the district leader so he went to that while I worked in Fresno with Elder Neave. Elder Neave just got to the mission two weeks ago and he's straight from Australia! He's way cool. We had a bunch of fun. 

We had a pretty sweet miracle. The first day we go out and contact a referral that we have no clue how it came into our hands. No one remembers getting this referral. So anyways, we go contact him, his name is David. And he opens the door and says oh hey, come on in. And we just look at each other, like what the heck, we've never even met this guy before and the first thing he says is come in. It was weird. So we go in and just start talking. 

We find out that he was born is Compton and spent his whole life in gangs. And when he was 12 he started doing armed robberies, meth, stealing cars, and a bunch of other things. So he was arrested and thrown in jail till he was 18. So I ask him, “How have all of those trials you've gone through helped you in your life?” And he said, “Wow I’ve never thought of it like that. I guess they have made me a stronger more responsible person now.” He had really been struggling lately so he said that last night he was praying that God would send some help. And he said that he knows God sends people to come help him, he doesn't just send money and other things. And he was basically expecting someone to just show up. And he said he felt something unique and different when we walked into the room. We gave him a Book of Mormon to read and he was super excited about it. I hope that I’ll be able to find out his progress through Elder Neave.

There are so many examples I’ve already had about how the Lord guides us. I know that we are instruments in the hands of the Lord and that he will guide us to those who are already prepared. It truly is amazing to me to see the Lord guiding me through the spirit without me even knowing it. I know that if I’m not doing what I’m supposed to, then I won't be able to hear of those soft promptings. And it is the exact same with all of us. We need to be worthy and ready to listen to those still small promptings. 

Missionary work is so fun. I hope you can feel of the love I have for this work.

Love,
Elder Gygi



No comments:

Post a Comment