Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Companion!


Hey Family!

It's been a crazy, busy week with Elder Luna leaving and all. He left at 8:00 this morning. I am in a little town called Atwater with another missionary until my companion gets here. My new companion will be Elder Ponce. He's way cool. He was on the plane with me when we came out to the field. And he was in Sanger on "open your mouth" where we go tracting right as we get off the plane. And he was the one who found and talked to Isidro for us on his first day! So I’m pretty excited to work with him.

Oh, and ask me where I will be on March 9th.... I’ll just pretend you just asked out loud. Well family, I will just be at the Fresno West Stake Center next to the Fresno temple hanging out with L. TOM PERRY. No big deal. Hahahaha. He's coming to tour our mission with a member of the Presidency of the Seventy. I'm super excited for that. The mission hasn't had a mission conference for a couple of years. So the whole mission will be there! I'll get to see Elder Rodriguez, Elder Haddock, Elder Frost and everyone else! So I’m super, super excited for that. Remember when I totally pointed out that Elder L. Tom Perry was at that crosswalk next to us by the conference center the day before the MTC and you didn't believe me! And he even called me Elder. hahaha

So we had a great week here. We were able to see Glen be baptized on Friday. It was a way good baptism. He was super prepared and full of the spirit.

We were also able to find a couple to teach this week. Ana and Thomas. We ran into Ana as we went to go clean the church on Saturday. And we asked if we could stop by and teach her on Sunday night.

So on Sunday we had a BBQ with an investigator right after church, then 15 minutes later we went to our dinner appointment, then we went to Ana's house and the first thing she says is "so do you want to eat before or after the lesson?" I almost died when I heard those words. My stomach was going to explode it hurt so bad.

But anyways, we taught them the restoration and I learned a super valuable lesson. Sometimes when we teach something to another person, we are also teaching it to ourselves. We were teaching the restoration, and as I was teaching about the first vision, the spirit was so strong and I could just feel my own testimony growing and strengthening as I was telling it. I felt that through my own words, I further gained a testimony of the truthfulness of the Prophet Joseph Smith. And I had never realized that before. My own words could help me learn for myself.

And those are the moments that keep me on a mission. I absolutely love feeling the spirit that strong, testifying like a brick wall of the divinity of the restoration. They are the happiest and most fulfilling moments of my life and those moments conquer all discouragement there could possibly be on a mission.

I absolutely LOVE being a missionary. I love having this limited time to be a representative of Jesus Christ and sharing the gospel with complete strangers. Because I know that these are the people I promised that I would work hard to find and bring them to the truth. The work is real. 




Ye se que jesucristo es el redentor del mundo y que el sufrio por cada persona que vivio, esta viviendo, y vivira. Yo se que tenemos un profeta hoy en este dia que nos guia por medio de sus palabras que el nos da. Yo se por mi mismo que cada persona necesita ganar un testimonio por medio de su fe y obras. No es algo que alguien puede enforzar. Yo se que Jose Smith vio dios y jesucristo en la arboleta sagrada y que el fue escogido a ser el primer profeta en esta dispensacion para restaurar este evangelio perfecto como el mismo evangelio que estaba en la tierra cuando jesucristo estaba aqui. La obra es verdadera.

Take care this week! No regrets!

Love,

Elder Gygi










No comments:

Post a Comment