Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trinidad and Tobago

Hey Family!


We've had a great week here in Los Banos!

We had a huge miracle on Wednesday.  We get a call from a member, and it's one of those members where you just think... when you see them call where it's like "ugh what do you need from us nowwwww"   (missionaries never think that!) But anyways he tells us that his nephew is coming into town and wants to be baptized! So we're freaking out because we thought we weren't going to baptize this month. But we met him on Saturday while we had dinner. His name is Glen and he's from Trinidad and Tobago and has a way cool accent. It reminds me of Africa.

Why would one ever leave this place?
So yeah, we met him on Saturday and taught him ALL of the lessons except for a bit of lesson 4.  He asked us when could he get baptized. And we're like well, if you live the commandments, read, pray, come to church, you can get baptized on Saturday. (But it will actually be happening on Friday) And he's like "deal!"


And he's super super solid too. I felt like I was talking to a member who had been a member their whole life. So I’m super excited for his baptism.

And this is Elder Luna's last week, so we're going to work super hard and have a lot of fun.


So yeah, finishing the transfer with a nice baptism. I know that people are prepared and when you do the right thing you WILL be blessed. It's Heavenly Father's law to bless us. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise." Enough said.

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Gygi
           
Why should I serve a mission?





No comments:

Post a Comment