Friday, March 23, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away... NOT!


Hey Family!

It's been a good week here. There was a ton of rain. It was way fun riding and walking in it. It reminded me of a monsoon in Arizona. (I remember playing in the rain while at Dixie State on flood street, SOOO much fun!) We didn't use the car cuz we just wanted to have fun in the rain. I've noticed that our work progresses a lot when we work hard in the rain. Maybe it's because people see us in the rain and they feel bad so they let us in? I'm not sure, but I sure do love it. (Yes, I think they do feel sorry for a soaking wet missionary, why not use it to their advantage)

We were able to find 5 new investigators this past week, which is a big change for the area. One of them is named Andy. We ran into him on the street and he said that he asked the missionaries to come teach him like a year ago but they never showed up, so yeah. But we went and taught him and he said finding us was a sign from God and that we said exactly what he needed to hear. And he said that if he received his answer that the Book of Mormon is true, (Moroni 10: 3-5) then he would be baptized. It was pretty exciting. I believe that he is one of the "searchers" that we are looking for. Hopefully he will read, pray, and recognize his answer he will receive.

Remember These? Click HERE...
So, yeah. I just sent you a letter with the SecureDigital card yesterday so you should get it Friday or Saturday. I'm not too sure how safe it is to send it taped up through a letter? Too late. It has a lot of pictures on it too.

But anyways, the mission is going good. It seems unreal that I’ve been out as long as I have. I don't even know what month I’m on, and I don't really care what month I’m on either haha But it's way fun and is going by so so so fast. It's crazy. Jared, before you know it you'll graduate and be on a mission. So just cool it and chillax. (he knows what that means mom)

Take care this week! Have fun!

Love,

Elder Gygi


(P.S. From Elder Gygi's family: Thank you to all who follow Taylor on his mission. He feels your love, support and prayers daily. We are so honored to have him represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Gygi family with the integrity and dedication we all know Taylor is made of. With sincere love, The Gygi's)



Sister R. who takes care of Elder Gygi as if he was her own, (actually he is, in Los Banos! THANK YOU!!!)
Kampala, Uganda, Taylor, Sean & Jared with the guard, Albert.
Homemade Cookies. Thanks Mom!










No comments:

Post a Comment