Friday, March 30, 2012

7 New Investigators


Hey Family!

We've had a super good week here in Los Banos. Transfer calls are this Saturday, and I'm excited to do whatever the Lord asks of me.

So yeah, ask me what Elder Gygi will be doing on April 14th? ("Elder Gygi, anything exciting happening on April 14th?") “Oh you know, nothin' too crazy, just hangin' out with D. TODD CHRISTOFFERSON of the Quorum of the Twelve. No big deal. As well with a new General Authority that will be called during this General Conference.” Hahahaha yup I guess we're blessed enough to have two all-mission conferences with apostles within a month. I love having President Gelwix as our mission president. He hooks us up with all kinds of special stuff.

We had a very successful week, in that, we were able to find 7 new investigators. We were even riding around on bikes, (back in the day when I had a back tire hahaha. PS: I ordered a new bike wheel in Fresno. I got a sweet deal for $130, instead of $250. So, yeah), around the town and these gangster kids who were playing basketball yelled something at us. So what do Elder Gygi and Elder Ponce do? We straight up challenged them to play ball and then we even taught them a discussion after. Hahaha that's just how we roll here in Los Banos. You know what we do.

You know one thing I learned over the week? Apparently Fresno has the highest murder rate in the nation? (I don't want to hear this!) hahaha I’m proud to say I served my mission in that high statistic. And Merced county (the one I’m in now that includes Los Banos) used to be the number one county for out of wedlock children. It looks like there is a lot of work we have to do to help people here. hahaha

But anyways, we found some serious "searchers" this past week. One guy named Jacobo is indeed a searcher. I love all of the Spanish people who worship the Santos and la Virgen. It's so funny. Well I guess it's really not cuz they're idols and that's really bad. But I just think Spanish traditions are hilarious. But anyways, we fix their doubts and commit them to pray. And Jacobo definitely felt the spirit during our restoration lesson. Hopefully we can commit him to baptism this next lesson.

Our ward support is really starting to turn around. Ward support is key to the success of an area. We now have Focus 15 names and our ward is just doing a lot better than they were before.

And our Spanish work is improving a lot. We are finding more and more Spanish investigators. Yes, Elder Ponce does indeed speak Spanish.


And Dad, that's crazy about the interview you did with that guy (he also served his mission in the California Fresno Mission as a Spanish speaking missionary). It really is a small world. Oh and P.S. whenever a missionary comes home to our stake and reports can you tell me who they are? Cuz I normally know most of those people. 

But yeah, take care and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Gygi










No comments:

Post a Comment