Monday, April 9, 2012

Transfered




It's been a good last week here in Los Banos. I guess you already found out, but I’m going to Fresno! Fresno 15th Ward . I'm so so so excited. It's an ALL-Spanish ward and I will be with Elder Peacock. He just came out. I think he's been out for 2 months or something. But I’m super excited. The new area is straight up the ghetto of ghettos :) it was where I took that picture with that huge wall of graffiti. It's in the same district as Sanger so I hope I’ll be able to go on exchanges there!

And Elder Ponce will be staying here with another Elder coming from Hanford. Things have really been set up great for this area next month. Hopefully, if all goes planned there will be 5-6 baptisms in Los Banos in April.

We had a great lesson with Ana and Thomas last night. They even came to ALL of the GC sessions! And during our lesson they said that they loved the restoration movie we watched and had received their spiritual witness that the church is true. I was super excited. They said it's time to be baptized so hopefully they will pull through later this month with Elder Ponce.

We also found a guy who basically walked into the church last week. His name in Michael J! He's an African-American and is retired from the Army. He's so solid. He said that "something" just led him to the church. We had a church tour with him and he said, "Wow, this is the place I need to be." And he committed to be baptized on the 21 of April.

So everything is working out great! It's making me sad to leave, but I guess I gotta do something in Fresno.  I did enjoy conference. It's so fun to watch as a missionary. Last conference was all about missionary work and this time it was all about families. I loved it.

So yeah, thanks for all the support! Take care and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Gygi (Go ahead, Click on 'Gygi'. You'll be happy you did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment