Friday, June 29, 2012

New Companion

Hey Family!

We had a way fun week here in Cali, as I see you did too! The area is really heating up a lot. Oh, and we got transfer calls on Saturday. Elder Peacock is leaving, and going to Kerman, and I will be staying here in Fresno. Elder Thurman (I think) will be coming to be my companion. He will be here Wednesday morning. Oh, and on Saturday President Gelwix called me and was nailing me with all these questions, and then at the end he called me to be a district leader. So yeah, I'm pretty excited for the opportunity I have to serve this district and learn even more!

So get this, last Tuesday we went up to the stake center (way far away) to go to district meeting. And then we get there and no one is even there! So we called some people and found out that we weren't even having a meeting and someone totally forgot to give us the memo. So we're driving back all frustrated for using miles we "wasted", and this Chevy Malibu starts pacing right next to us and the lady driving was like freaking out at us for some reason. So she signals for us to pull over, so we do. And we both get out of the car, and I go and introduce myself. And she just starts crying out of nowhere. And she tells us that she had been praying for two days that God would put her in the path of the missionaries. She said she was a less-active member for a couple of years and had just decided that she needs the gospel back in her life. So it was way nice to see that we really didn't waste our miles. We found someone that was put in our path, even after making a mistake. I guess that's just how God works :)

The F. family is doing amazing! They are seriously on fire. They want to plan out the whole baptismal program today, and the baptismal service should be this weekend sometime. We're not too sure yet.

And J. had a pretty rough week. He got himself into some trouble, and ditched out on work and stuff. But we were able to finally find him on Friday and Saturday. We had a really solid lesson with him. And he really felt godly sorrow for the things he had done. We made an entire weekly schedule with him, so he could not have "free time", which is the cause of the trouble. And he came to church on Sunday as well. We are just working on having daily contact with him, and keeping him busy now. I'm very confident that the Lord will help him as he works hard with faith. He should be baptized within like 2 weeks if all works out and he stays out of trouble.

We found an AMAZING family of 7 last night! It was a perfect member referral from someone in the Clovis 2nd ward. This is a huge family, that does not have any problems with word of wisdom, and they're looking for a church. I'll keep you updated with this family. We had dinner with them, gave them a Book of Mormon, and invited them to read and pray.

I love this gospel. There are so many blessings that come from living by the law of obedience in this church. God is real. Jesus Christ lives, and died for us here on the earth. I know that everything we teach is true. And that through this gospel, we can return and live with our father in heaven with our families, again. I love it.

Take care!

Love,

Elder Gygi


Taylor and Kali in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Jinja, Uganda. The source of the Nile.


No comments:

Post a Comment