Sorry, I forgot to tell you last week but we had leadership training on Monday and Tuesday down in Fresno. So today is preparation day. It was an amazing conference. We had this guy named Greg McKeown come and give us a seminar on being an essentialist. I guess he's like a world-renowned guy who goes everywhere training people on that. And he knows President Gelwix, so he came to help us out. I learned a ton from him.
There's just too much fluff and unnecessary stuff in this life. And the only way we are successful is by cutting out the things that are holding you back, and even cut out good things that aren't great.
And the biggest thing I have learned this week, actually, the biggest thing that I have recognized, is how much my mission has changed me. Usually a person can hardly ever see their own progression. It's something that only someone else can see. But as people have talked to me that I’ve known in the mission for a while, they've said how much I’ve changed. Usually I disagreed with it. But I know it's true finally. And only this past week was I able to recognize it myself.
I honestly feel like I have been completely changed by my mission. I'm definitely not perfect, and I never will be. But I know that it is possible to change. And the only way any human soul can change is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And that's the happiest feeling on the face of this earth. I love it. And I love seeing it in others.
I'm so grateful for all my family who have helped support me and encourage me. It seriously means the world to me. And I’m sorry that I’m usually terrible at responding to letters, but I seriously appreciate it.
I just want everyone to know that the only reason I am out here on a mission is because I love my Savior Jesus Christ for all He has done for me. I love sharing my personal experiences and stories to help others realize it too. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father and that He truly loves every soul on earth.
Think about it. It's true.
Take care this week!
Love,
Elder Gygi


No comments:
Post a Comment