Monday, December 17, 2012

New Companion

Off to Yosemite 

Hey Family!

We had a great week. Saturday we had transfer calls. Elder Neeley got called to be the new assistant to the president. I'm super sad to see him go. We had so much fun together and I was with him longer than anyone else. He left this morning, so I am with the English elders till Wednesday. My new companion is Elder Ewing. He's an amazing missionary. I knew I was going to be training a new zone leader, and I told Elder Neeley that I hope it would be Elder Ewing. It's going to be a great transfer.

C. and R. got baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. I baptized and confirmed R. and Elder Neeley baptized C. It's so much fun to see how they have completely changed. The day we met them, they were way different. They used bad words a ton and would fight all day long. And now, they just have a different radiance about them. And I know it is simple, it's the Holy Ghost they have received.

We are teaching a lady named A. who used to live in Utah a couple years back.  She is working on quitting drinking cafe and is doing a great job. She came up to us and asked if she could be baptized on the 22nd of dicimber because it was "close to Jesus' birthday." hahaha She knows so much about the gospel. She was super prepared by the Lord to be baptized this month.

I know that this church is true. I know, for some reason I don't understand, that the Lord has entrusted me with the very salvation of His children in my area. I feel completely responsible for this calling. I love being a missionary. I know that the true authority of God is found in this church. I know that we know God's plan of salvation and know how to return with Him. And committing ourselves to follow Him forever is the only way there.

Love you all!

Elder Gygi!

Taylor, Katie, Jared and Kim after Hurricane Isabel 2003 in the church parking lot 

No comments:

Post a Comment