Friday, December 7, 2012

Yosemite


Hey Family!


It has been a pretty good week...for the most part. It is the first time in my whole life that I lost my voice. It is like COMPLETELY gone. It sounds like I’m whispering. It's been like that for about three days. But it's starting to get better now. Sister Gelwix thought I had strep throat. It's kinda hard to teach without a voice. hahaha

That's one of the lessons I learned this week. Testimony is precious. And I think it took me not being able to use it to even realize that simple statement. I was locked up in the apartment for two of those days. It was terrible. I just wanna go teach now. And we have our zone meeting we need to teach tomorrow. I should be good by the morning.

But the weird thing is, that on Friday we had to give a 30-minute training in front of all the other zone leaders in the mission. And we did that just fine, but 10 minutes after the training I sat down and my voice just disappeared. And it was perfectly fine during the training. I guess God just wanted me to learn a lesson. Lesson is officially learned. I've never even thought of being grateful to talk. Hahaha, but now I am.

Last week we got a prayer request (missionaries can send voicemails for requests to the whole mission) on our phone. It was a prayer request of an 8-year-old recent convert in Sanger. His name is Philly and he's a super great kid. I taught him a bunch of times but the parents were never married. They finally got married and all were baptized 2 months ago.

We got the prayer request for the 8-year-old because he was in the hospital. He ended up passing away due to a brain aneurism the next day after the request. But I know that he was such an amazing kid. And I know exactly where he is right now. He's a missionary. I just know how perfect the Lord's timing is. I know that He knows us each personally.

When I was in Sanger this family was not ready to be baptized. God know exactly what was going to happen to this family. They finally accepted the gospel just before a huge trial where they would need the gospel most. This church is true.

I know how perfect the plan of salvation is. It's all one eternal round. Nothing can stop it. There are no faults in that plan. And everything happens for a reason at the exact moment that it is needed. I know that to be true.

Take care this week!

Love,

Elder Gygi

PS....we went to Yosemite this morning! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment