Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Attitude is Everything


Hey Family!

My mission is going better than ever. I don't see how anyone could not be enjoying the service of a full time mission. It is hard, don't get me wrong, but EVERYTHING seriously depends on attitude. No one can make you mad. You allow it to happen by choice.

But, I’m LOVING serving in Madera. I serve in a huge Spanish ward. There are about 200 people at sacrament meeting. And EVERYONE here is from Oaxaca, Mexico. And I never would have expected having a problem with our investigators not knowing Spanish. TONS of them speak a Mexican dialect with only a little bit of Spanish. Like Mixteco, Zapoteco, Treke, Nawach, and a whole bunch of others. They are like ancient Mayan and Aztec languages that you can't even write apparently. But it's super cool.

Yesterday I traveled back to Selma (my last area) to witness Hector's baptism! It was a great baptism. He is going to be one of my life long friends. We will visit them for sure. They live right at the entrance to Yosemite. He is totally going to serve a mission. 

My companion is Elder Leavitt, and he's from Alpine, Utah. He's way cool. He's been out about 11 months. And Elder Ewing trained him. (I was a zone leader with Elder Ewing) so yeah, we're going to have a fun transfer.

Last night we had a great lesson with a part-member family. We were teaching the Restoration in front of about 20 people. It was a lot of fun. But I really just had my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith strengthened. Right as we started talking about the story of Joseph Smith, we could feel a special spirit come into the room. And I explained to them all that there is a reason we feel a spirit like none other. I told them that it wasn't a coincidence that God would put those feelings inside of us. Whenever we speak of Joseph Smith we feel the same way. And that is because God's messenger, the Holy Ghost, is confirming that he was a true prophet. And because of that undeniable feeling, I know he was a true prophet. 

Take care!

Love,

Elder Gygi


Another transfer and Happy BirthdayElder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment