Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30, 2011, MTC Visitors

Hey Family!
It has sure been a crazy week. Let us start with Sunday. Sunday was hands down THE most spiritual day of my life. It started at breakfast. I was walking in and BOOM, there was Quentin L. Cook of the (Right Click) q of the12! Then, we were walking outside for companion study and like 4 security guards stopped us and told us to go back in. So we were like what the heck is up, and went upstairs so we could see through the window. And there was a running car in the middle of the sidewalk. And when we got to the window someone opened the door for someone to get in and it was PRESIDENT UCHTDORF! It definitely made my day to see his face. Then we had a special devotional, and guess who spoke. DAVID A BEDNAR. It was an amazing talk. And ask me who else was on the stand with him. Oh I don't know, just JEFFERY R HOLLAND, DALLIN H OAKS, M RUSSEL BALLARD, RICHARD G SCOTT, RUSSEL M NELSON, & NEIL L ANDERSON. It was amazing to have them in our presence. The spirit they brought was so strong. We all stood up when they walked in and I’ve never felt it stronger in my life. Elder Bednar motivated us that the Lord is on our side and this is His work, and we CAN do this! I even sang in the choir for them mom. You should be proud of me cuz I hate singing.
THEN, after the devotional I got to go meet PRESIDENT GELWIX again! It was amazing! It was basically the same as when dad and I and Uncle Brett went over to his house. He asked what he can do for me and I said along with Elder C. from Baltimore that he could take us out for some REAL food. :) There were 12 others going to Fresno in that room. All Spanish except for 3 (click again) HMONG speaking! During the meeting I had to sign some form cuz they were filming it and it might be on (and again) LDS.org or something so watch for me! :) I am so excited to serve with him and I know that he is the perfect president for me!
I wouldn't trade my mission call for any other. It's the best mission on earth and by far the best!
 I've seen Matt K. a ton! I'm going to get a picture with him I hope. I'll send the camera card today.
So two days ago when I was playing basketball, I definitely got ashamed and dunked on my Elder Monson who played for the University of Utah. He's like 6'10 and I was guarding him! It was ridiculous. But last night playing basketball I took a three point shot, and came down landing on Elder Stutz' foot. My ankle popped and went to a 90 degree angle. Bad news. I was scared. I for sure thought it was dislocated or fractured or something. Out of all the times I’ve rolled my ankles they've never swollen and my ankle was HUGE this morning. It's all wrapped up and I gotta go back to the doctor today. It's doing somewhat better. But we'll see. I just hope it doesn't keep me here!
 At the temple this morning I met a guy who said he is the oldest living person from Greer (Greer info)! I told him about the L.'s cabin. Just a cool fact.
The Spanish is going well this week! I feel so confident now and feel like I’m ready to go into the field! I wish you could hear me talk. Well, you will when I’m at the airport. :)
 I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord! I know my family is being blessed for my service and I will to. I love my family and ALL my friends who have helped me become the person I am today. Thanks for all that you do for me!
Love,
Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment