Friday, September 30, 2011

September 26, 2011

Hey Family!

This week has gone by pretty fast! We have some pretty good investigators we are teaching right now. We have 8 of them that have a baptismal date! We were struggling for the past couple weeks, but it feels like we're back to speed now. We just need to solidify their dates and get them in that water!

We got a referral from a member here. His name is Oscar and he's 22. He is way solid and currently has a baptismal date for the 8th of October. He says he feels the spirit so strong and already feels ready to be baptized. He is reading the chapters we give him and is really just a solid guy.

Last Friday we had a specialized training with President Gelwix. It was 8 hour training on "ATM" (awakening the members). It was way good. President is the best at motivating. The whole time I was just sitting there wanting to jump out of my seat and go baptize people. We learned how important members are to missionary work. Members really are the center of finding new investigators. So we have a whole new lesson that we go and teach to each member to get referrals. We've done that twice to members and both of those referrals we got now have baptismal dates. This stuff really works. Don't ever forget how important the members are. And don't be scared to just go up to a missionary and give them a name.

We are also teaching Angelo and his family. He is the one whose mom is deaf and lives with the grandmother. Ramona (grandma), Gaby (Mom), Angelo (14), Aide (11), and Ruby (3). They are such a solid family and will be baptized on the 15th of October. They love having us come over. They even ask "when your mission is over will you please come back here?" And they like place dibs on who gets to be baptized by whom. Angelo wants me to baptize him and Aide wants Elder Rodriguez to baptize her.

It really is a miracle to see who the Lord has ALREADY prepared to receive this gospel. This work is HARD. Sometimes I think I can't get out of bed and work, but I do. Only with the Lord's help, because I know there is no possible way I could work for 16 hours a day for two years straight without a single day off. It's rough, but it is so worth it. There is no other chance I will have my entire life to be a 19 year old missionary. I am so glad I came on my mission when I did, and I know that the time of my call and the place was inspired. The California Fresno Mission is the best mission in the entire world. Hahaha and I thought I wanted to go to Africa. What a joke. But seriously, no mission beats this mission. I have the best mission president in the entire world. President Gelwix is the only person that is supposed to be in charge of our mission at this specific time. I put all my trust in him that he will listen to the spirit and know where I need to go and who needs to go there with me. He's the best.

Yes I do know Elder D. He was on my flight here. He's way cool. I think he's over in Merced right now. Do you know his parents well? And there is also another Elder out here who is in Uncle Scott's ward. I can't remember his name though.

I did indeed get Brother Gallego's letter. It was great and super nice of him. He had some good advice, and it sounds like Matt is tearing it up in Philly. Isn't there a huge hurricane there or something?

Just get the Eagle Project over with Jared. That's an order. My project(s) lingered over my life for like 5 years. Finally mom just made me do it. I wish I finished it was sooner. Do you have any sweet ideas?

Lacrosse...is there anyone you are going to play with on the team? Are you using the K18 crank stick? That's the best stick ever. Just don't snap it.

Thanks for everyone who has written me! I love getting all the letters. hint hint hint...Maddy, Carly, Jake....cough cough....hahaha It's way good to just hear how everyone is doing at home.

Have a good week!
Love, Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment