![]() |
| Kabira International School |
Hey Family!
It's been a really successful week here in Sanger. Because lots of times we focus on baptizing and then we forget to find new investigators, we are really pressing a big focus on "finding, teaching, and baptizing" all at the same time.
This week we found 7 new investigators, taught 30 lessons, and had a baptism on Saturday! We worked way hard to get those successful results, and hopefully they won't stop. The Sanger area is really starting to heat up again. The work truly is progressing.
Oscar M. was baptized this past Saturday by Elder Rodriguez. Lets just say Satan tried really hard to stop it. We went to the church and filled up the font. We set up everything and were about to start the service when we looked in the font and realized the water was brown, so we go throw some bleach in there and that didn't do anything. We then wanted to go to someone's house and do this thing in a pool! But the person that had the pool wasn't home. Then it was getting really dark and we couldn't do it in another pool we had thought of.
So we decide to go to the stake center. We drive 20 minutes there only to realize we didn't have any keys. So we call a bunch of people and finally get some keys. Long story short, Oscar was baptized and all these problems didn't bother him at all. A 6:30 baptism started at 8:30. But it was a great service.
Sunday I found out that Oscar wanted me to do the confirmation in sacrament meeting! I was seriously so scared and felt like the whole ward was basically just testing my Spanish by having to say this in front of everyone. I wanted to just say it in English, but I couldn't. And it actually went really well, and I'm so glad I had that opportunity to confirm him a member of the church and give him the Holy Ghost.
Transfer calls are this Thursday and Monday and some missionaries are leaving for home. That means preparation day will be this upcoming Saturday, not Monday. I would like to stay here with Elder Rodriguez, but he's been here for 6 months and I got a feeling he's leaving for another area. So that most likely means I’ll be staying to take over the Sanger area.
We also had interviews with President Gelwix this week! It went really well. I promised him that I will do everything I can and work hard with no regrets to be successful.
I have a lot of work I can do every day, and I know that as I work hard and do my best at finding new people, teaching, and baptizing that I will be blessed with success. I know that this gospel is true and that I will bless the lives of those who accept the message we have. I know that agency really is a gift from Heavenly Father and that it is absolutely essential in the plan of salvation.
I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that through Him ALL the keys and authority has been restored to the earth once again, and I know that President Thomas S. Monson has all of those keys to direct and guide this church.
The work is real.
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Gygi

dude you're a boss elder Gygi!
ReplyDelete