This week was easily the best week of my whole mission. There is no feeling like personally being able to baptize someone you've taught your whole mission. It seriously is the happiest feeling in the world. There aren't even words to describe it.
All five members of the Z. family were baptized Saturday night and confirmed Sunday morning. And to top it off, Elder Rodriguez was able to come and baptize Ramona. Usually that is impossible to get approval for, but I called him and he begged President Gelwix to let him come. So he drove an hour to come for this baptism.
Everyone who was at the baptism said it was the best one they have ever gone to. Not only because it was a big family getting baptized together, but also because the service was in four languages. English and Spanish obviously, but American Sign Language too. And the fourth and most important was the language of the Spirit.
Elder Haddock and I learned how to do the baptismal prayer in sign language. It is seriously the coolest thing ever. First, I baptized Eva, and right after that our translator got super happy and started clapping. It was way funny. But after Eva, Elder Rodriguez baptized Ramona. Elder Haddock then baptized Gaby in sign language. Gaby didn't know that we learned how to do it for her, so right as he started to do the baptismal prayer in ASL she started crying. We didn't really tell anyone we were going to learn how to do that in sign language. Then I baptized Angelo and Brother Mitchell baptized Aide.
No matter what language someone speaks, the spirit talks the same to everyone. There was not one person who was there that didn't feel the unique power of the spirit. We went over to their house on Sunday night after the confirmation, and there was a physical change in them. I could see that they had more light in their lives.
All the hard work has paid off. Now it's time to find the next family that is ready for the gospel.
Transfer calls are this Saturday, and everyone is saying it's my time to leave. I really don't want to leave, especially after all these great people we have been finding lately.
I know that baptism, by the correct authority cleanses a person from all sin. And that as we attend sacrament meeting and partake of the sacrament, we can renew those covenants we made at baptism.
The work is real.
Love,
Elder Gygi
No comments:
Post a Comment