So first off, I'm being transferred. I really don't want to go, but it's a call from the Lord to go somewhere else. I'm going to the Mercy Springs Ward, which is in Los Banos in the Merced Zone and I will be with Elder Luna. I've heard way good things about that ward, and I’m super excited to go there on Wednesday, November 30. It's about an hour and a half northwest of Sanger.
I had an all right Thanksgiving. We went to two full dinners and I
was full after the first plate on the first dinner. I've also never had a
thanksgiving with hot sauce and rice until now. It was good, it just wasn't
like a home thanksgiving. The first one was Mexicanish and the second was in a mobile
home park. But it was still way fun. I came home and just wanted to die
after two of them.
![]() |
| Elder Frost |
Brad Frost comes here on Wednesday. I'm super excited to see him. I will probably see him at the Christmas zone conference.
I don't have Angelo's address right now, but I’ll get it to
you. The cat in those pictures is Benny. He just wandered in our apartment
one day and we fed him and he came back every night. But we haven't seen him in
a long time. Those pirates were at the Fresno Fair. So we had to get a picture
with them.
We've found a lot of big families recently and I’m bummed that I
have to leave them. Especially Angelo's uncle and his family. We talked
to them one day and they were super interested. That'd be way sweet if him and
his wife and 3 kids got baptized as well.
We were talking to them the other day and they were interested in
why we would choose to leave our families for two years to go and talk to
people. And they were kind of bashing us like telling us "wow that really
sucks" and "I would never do that" and stuff like that.
And we just told them that we leave our family for two years so that you can be
with yours for eternity.
And I never really thought about that until just barely. But it's
way true that at some times it feels so hard to have to leave family and
friends for two years especially around the holidays, but it really is worth
it. We are helping people so they can live together forever. Two years is nothing compared to eternity. So it seems kind of selfish of me that I would even give
it a second thought that it sucks that I can't see anyone for two years. That
is why everyone should serve a mission. It seems like a spec of dust when
compared to forever. I'm just serving a little part of my life so others can
have eternal happiness.
I know how important this work is. There is a reason that the only
common responsibility for each member of the Quorum of the Twelve, is that they
all take some part in missionary work. This is the most important work we can
do.
Take care this week!
Love,
| Taylor loves all of God's creatures |
| Benny |


These photos are CHANGING my life!!! LOVE IT!!
ReplyDelete