Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011

This week was way fun. It gets so exciting the closer I get to the Zambrano family's baptism! They all will have their interviews on Tuesday and should be ready for Saturday.
FYI: National Bundt Cake Day is
Tuesday, Nov 15, 2011

We didn't know how we were going to do the interview for Gaby. We were  thinking maybe President Gelwix could just come and read her soul or something. But then I just randomly thought of showing pictures to her. We've tried to use pictures in the past but they never worked. But this time we were trying to apply the interview questions to the pictures.

I showed a picture of God and asked "Do you believe he is your Father in Heaven?" Then I got a picture of Joseph Smith and asked if she believed that he restored the gospel. And she was able to answer them! The only bad thing is that we need to find a long-term translator that can help her on Sundays and stuff. But we'll try to get that worked out.

It really is amazing to see how she has progressed. She doesn't understand anything we teach her, but the reason she wants to be baptized is because she can FEEL something different every time we come. Who knows, maybe because she can't hear, she is more open to the promptings of the spirit. I wouldn't doubt that. But it's obvious that she definitely can feel it. The spirit is the only thing that can truly convert someone.

Like President Gelwix says, "Christ could appear to the whole world at a big stadium, but a couple years after that everyone would forget and not believe anymore. It is the spirit that makes a difference. Not even a miracle can convert."

Yesterday we had Stake Conference. Elder Paul V. Johnson of the 70 was there reorganizing the presidency. He gave such a great talk. It was a lot of fun seeing him there as well as the area 70. It was pretty funny. They related their whole talk to the Lion King. When we are centered in Christ and do everything we are told, then it's all "hakuna matata". We'll have no worries, because we will know that everything will work out.

I know that as we are all doing what we know we should that our lives will be "hakuna matata". The Lord will bless each one of us individually as we show Him our faithfulness. I know that there are specific people that I need to go find and bring them to this gospel. Missionary work is the best. It is so tiring, but so much fun.

Thanks for everything you do for me!

Love,

Elder Gygi


No comments:

Post a Comment