| Little Cottonwood Canyon Mountain Goats Lookout (can you see any on the rocks?) |
It's been a busy, busy week. We did about 15-20 hours of service the whole week. I guess it is just a random week that people need service. It's way fun.
Angelo and the family are doing amazing. We were on exchanges this week, and I was in Sanger with the District Leader. We were helping someone move out of their house when I get a call from Ramona (Angelo's grandma) and she is freaking out because I wasn't answering the phone because I don’t bring it while doing service. (Mom insert: I'm sure Ramona's freak out was a happy freak out). She says that I have to get over there right now and I was like "Why? I need to go shower at least." And she said "I don't care, just get over here!"
So we left the house we were at and went over. I thought something bad happened by the way she sounded on the phone, but we get over there and everyone is smiling and all happy. Ramona tells me that they found a translator that we had been praying for, that can help us with Gaby! We were so excited to hear that. So we sat down and taught Gaby the importance of baptism and all that stuff. She loved it and is excited to be baptized on the 19th of November with her whole family.
Everyone in the ward thinks they are already members just because they are so solid and act just like members. When we went over and taught them that day. Their other grandma, Eva said she had been praying all day to find a job and was so sad and everything because she couldn't find anything. And then she just received a call that said she gotten a job at the Pomegranate factory. She was so excited to see that she can trust us when we tell her God answers prayers.
And another big wall that was preventing the family from being baptized was Gaby's husband. He is deaf as well and in jail. We didn't know if he would even give permission to let the family be baptized. And our ward mission leader, the mayor, went with Ramona into the jail to help her work some stuff out with them. And we were praying that he would give permission for baptism. And he was actually excited that they found a church that they enjoy attending!
We were so excited to hear how many blessings the Zambrano family was receiving. And they always give thanks to us and we say, "No, give thanks to God for everything you've been blessed with." So the family is on fire and are doing everything they need to pursue that goal of baptism on the 19th of November.
I know that Heavenly Father loves each of his children the same, and that he will answer any prayer that is asked with real intent. "The Lord is so invested is His missionaries" as President Gelwix always says. This really is the most important work anyone could ever do. I can feel of the great blessings I receive each and every day as I am obedient and working hard with no regrets.
Thanks for everything you all do for me!
Love,


No comments:
Post a Comment