It's been a
super fun and busy week!
We started
off the week on Tuesday with a big zone conference with Elder Paul Koelliker of
the 70. It was amazing. He taught us that the single most important thing we
can teach as missionaries is the correct way and importance of praying. If
investigators actually get on their knees and ask with a sincere heart with
real intent and having faith in Christ, it is 100% impossible for them not to receive
an answer.
So all these
people who are telling me they are praying and nothing is happening, they just
aren't doing it correctly or lacking the sincerity. Elder Koelliker was the
Area president over the Africa south east area. So he was in charge of Tanzania
and Uganda and all those places! We didn't get very much time to personally
talk with him one on one.
This week we
found one of the most humble men I’ve ever met in my life. His name is Ismael.
He has dialysis and tumors on his arms and is in a wheelchair. His wife doesn't
live with them anymore and he takes care of his triplets! And the triplets are
9 years old! And the triplets just love having us come talk with them.
It was just
another story of one of those doors the spirit led us to and he was already
prepared. We were going to contact someone else and we saw him sitting outside
and we just felt like we should go talk to him. We are working on a baptismal
date with him. He is doing really well.
Angelo and
the family are doing really good. The only reason why the baptism is taking so
long is because we are struggling to teach Gaby all that is required. But I
think we can have permission to get around an interview and teaching some
things.
![]() |
| Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania |
I know that
this is where I’m supposed to be and that I was specifically called to find
this family just like everyone else. Missionary work is so fun and the
blessings just keep coming. I hope you all feel those same blessings keep
coming and coming.
Have a great
week!
Love,
Elder Gygi

No comments:
Post a Comment