Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Hey!

It's been a pretty good week this week. Elder Luna and I have been really pushing the area and working hard, and it's starting to show success. We committed 4 different people to baptism this past week.

We have been teaching Raelene the whole time I’ve been here. She wants to be baptized super bad, but the biggest problem is her boyfriend that she has been with for 16 years. They have 4 kids together and he just doesn't want to get married. So we had been praying super hard that he would see the importance of marriage and they would get married. And for the past couple of weeks, we got nothing out of it. (Or so the elders thought...) He was holding Raelene back from everything. We went to teach her last night. We talked about the plan of salvation, and then out of nowhere she said that she broke up with him the night before and it was completely over. It really was a miracle. She knew he was holding her back and she had the strength to just end it. Now we just have to help her quit smoking and drinking, and she can be baptized. We set her goal to be baptized for January 28th so she can see where she needs to be. 
Oh no He didn't...

It really was a miracle in my eyes and showed me how the Lord really does answer prayers. We were also able to meet with Jose and Maria this week. We watched the “Intro to the Church” with them, and they loved it. They were specifically touched by the part that talked about temples. They have the strong desire to one day be sealed in the temple for eternity.  So we leveraged that desire to a baptismal date. And the mom already wants to be baptized and knows it's true and everything, but the dad is catholic and says he doesn't want to change. But by the end of the lesson he was saying, "I don't even know why I’m catholic, it's just the tradition of my family". So he and his wife are going to pray together to know if they need to be baptized.

Anyways, I’m starting to enjoy the missionary work here in Los Banos. There is still room for us to improve to find new investigators, but it is definitely progressing.

I know that the Lord answers prayers and that he is keeping a close eye on each one of us. I know that Heavenly Father knows each one of us personally and loves us.

Take care this week!

Love,

Elder Gygi






Walnut wars...

Walnuts are dangerous? Who knew?




No comments:

Post a Comment