Friday, January 13, 2012

Lesson Learned

That was an awesome story you had dad. I'm glad you listened to the spirit and were able to share your testimony with someone.

Good job Jared for keeping up with lacrosse and all that, and with the Eagle Project. Keep that up.

I’m so proud of my Broncos. It's crazy that they actually won a playoff game. (Shh...Taylor doesn't know what happened on Saturday yet)



Congratulations Norma!
We had a pretty good week here in Los Banos. Norma was baptized on Sunday! It was a great service and I was happy to see her finally get baptized.

We've found a lot of new investigators recently. One of which was Rachel. We were looking at potential investigator lists and we saw her name and felt impressed to go see her. So we did, and she was super receptive. We shared the restoration with her and set a baptismal date for February 4th. It was just amazing to me to see that a specific name came to us and she was ready for the gospel.


We've been working hard and now have 5 baptismal dates. It's been a long, long time since this area has been productive like this. Oh by the way, I got transfer calls, and I’m staying with Elder Luna. And since he leaves this transfer, that means I'll be here the transfer after that as well. So, yeah...

Anyways, I learned a super valuable lesson this week. I learned that gifts of the spirit (If you don't have time for President Eyring's talk, come back to watch) can be taken away. There was some heated contention in our companionship and we didn't get it fixed. We were in a lesson with Jose and Maria and I realized that I didn't understand a word they were saying and I couldn't speak a lick of Spanish either. I was so confused. And I just sat there and thought what could be wrong with me. I realized that the gift of tongues was taken away due to contention. So we fixed the problem later that night and Spanish was back to normal the next day. It wasn't a happy miracle, but it was an eye-opening miracle. I thought everything could just keep a steady pace as long as MY mind and actions are in the right place, but no. I learned this week that it is not possible. It's a team game we're playing. I know whose team I'm on and who are my teammates. And that is the super important lesson I learned this week.

I hope everything is all good!


Love,

Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment