Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Just Give It All"

Apologies for the lateness of Taylor's letter from July 9th. I took Jared to California for EFY at UC Santa Barbara. I could have posted this letter but no reception or internet at Sequoia NP.



Hey Family!

It's hot. Really hot. Super hot. But other than that, everything is good!We were able to have Michelly & Allan Flores get baptized over the weekend! I baptized Allan, and Elder Peacock came back to baptize Michelly. And Elder Thurman confirmed Allan. yesterday, and I confirmed Michelly. It was a way good weekend.

The dad didn't end up getting baptized for different reasons. Satan has been working super, super hard on him, and it was just a rough week for him. But it's okay, we're gonna talk to him tonight and see what we can do to help. I'm super excited for tonight. President Gelwix is coming out with us on a team-up tonight! It's gonna be such a sweet night.

President & Sister Gelwix
Julian came to church yesterday. He's doing pretty good. We were able to have a great lesson with him after church and we basically established a new game plan with him to avoid and not fall to temptations. He has his baptismal date for the 28th of July. And we have an appointment with him tonight with President Gelwix. hahaha I'm so excited for him to be there to help us out.
Yesterday we were able to go over to the Martinez family's home. They were those new investigators from about 2 weeks ago. It's a huge family of 7 that is so ridiculously prepared! And we taught the restoration and we able to set a baptismal date for the 18th of August! They really just need to focus on reading the Book of Mormon and praying together as a family.

Waiting for Taylor's return at the airport
So yeah, things are going pretty good. I'm just always about to die because I'm so tired and just give it all. But I still gotta give more, and I know it. As President Gelwix says, "I want you to be carried off the airplane home in a stretcher to an ambulance because you gave everything you had!"

I just love feeling tired like this though. It's the happiest feeling ever. Super satisfying knowing that my efforts help other people's lives for eternity. That's my motive. And that's that.

Take care everyone!

Love,

Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment