Monday, August 20, 2012

Feeling Much Better, Thank You

Hey Family!

So I'm fine now. I think I just had the 24 hour flu or something. And it was all day on P-Day. So it was totally the worst. But yeah, so I love it here. Our ward is currently the number one baptizing ward in the mission. We had a baptism on Saturday of a 9 year-old named T. He is a super cool kid. We were supposed to have a couple more baptisms over the weekend but one of our investigators actually had to go to the hospital, and the other had a baby. So this week we should have a couple as well.
Representin' the Las Sendas Ward in Cali!
Yes, Elder Neeley and I are both the zone leaders in the Turlock Stake. We are always running around doing something. Just always super busy. We have 11 areas in this zone with 23 missionaries. And guess who is training in the Spanish branch here in Turlock?? Elder Frost!! He's such an amazing missionary. He knows his stuff and is a great trainer.

Taken by Taylor's mission mom Sister R.
Well, the Ceres 3rd branch I'm in, is an all Spanish branch. I met Sister R.'s mom on Sunday. She came up to me and said "Did you serve in Los Banos?" and I said "Yeah," and she said "My daughter said she's your mission mom," and I laughed. She did take care of me a lot!

Our ward is awesome. The leaders here are amazing and they know their purpose. And that's why there is so much success right now. Most of the people we are teaching are part member families, and less-active parents who have unbaptized children (over 8 years of age). And we work a ton with the recent converts who are so excited to share the gospel with all their friends. 

We just barely had a multi-zone conference on Friday. It was way good. President talked a lot about repentance, and how it's a lifelong process and not just a spur-of-the-moment thing. But it was a great conference. I loved it.

Thanks for everything you do for me! 
(I want to thank all those that have had an influence on Taylor in many different ways. Thank you! Love, Lori)

Love,

Elder Gygi


Partial Lunar Eclipse of June 4, 2012

Taylor loves cantaloupe!



No comments:

Post a Comment