Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Freezing Baptismal Font

Move from Williamsburg, VA to Sandy, UT
Hey Family!

We had a super good week. We were able to see one baptism over the weekend. Yaniri got baptized on Saturday. We went to go fill up the font nice and warm, and then she was like, "No! I told you I want it cold!" SO she made us fill it cold! And I was the one who baptized her, and I tell you it was FREEZING. Just like when I was baptized and the water heater was "broken."
(FYI: When Taylor was baptized in Williamsburg, VA, we did not know that there were faucets in another room to turn on the hot water heater. We boiled large pots of water to make it tolerable. Then we did not have the key to the closet with the baptismal clothes so Mom took the doors off it's hinges to get into the closet. Adventures in every continent we've lived on!)

So we just started this new transfer and guess how many trainers are in our zone...7! Isn't that crazy? I've never even heard of a zone having that many trainees. But it's a ton of fun just cuz our zone is just so pumped up to baptized with all these brand new missionaries.

Oh, I remember hearing right as I was leaving Fresno that a senior couple was going into the Fresno 1st ward. That ward was in the district that I was district leader of. So that would have been cool. I'll see them soon though. We have like 3 conferences in Fresno this transfer, so I’ll probably see the Wilsons then. (More FYI: My cousin Carla from Rupert, ID just started serving a CA Fresno mission with her husband in August. I spent a few summers at her home as a small girl. I learned quickly that I do not have what it takes to be a farm girl!)

So in "Preach my Gospel" we learn that we need to talk to literally everyone we see. Our zone does super good at that. Well we changed it just a little. We committed each companionship to not only talk to everyone, but invite everyone to baptism. Literally every single person we see, no matter where, we are inviting to baptism. It helps keep the ultimate goal in our mind during every street contact that no matter what, they will be invited to baptism before we leave.

And we are seriously witnessing miracle after miracle. The Lord is placing His children in the paths of those missionaries who are prepared to invite them. And it seems just like a tiny thing, but literally it is making a huge difference in the whole stake. And not to mention it is just straight-up fun and exciting to meet people and invite them to be baptized. And that's our purpose.

Take care!

Love,

Elder Gygi

Williamsburg, VA


No comments:

Post a Comment