Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Just Love Being a Missionary!

Hey Family!

I had a super great week! I just love being a missionary. It's just the happiest thing anyone could possibly do. I've realized that obedience directly has an effect on happiness. Elder Neeley and I are exactly obedient, and we can both just feel the blessings of success and happiness come from it.

We had a great zone conference last Tuesday with Elder Golden. The night before that President Gelwix sends a call-out saying we can't ask for autographs, ask crazy questions, or try to hug him. It's ridiculous those calls are even necessary. But only for those select few I guess.
au·to·graph/ˈôtəˌgraf/
Noun: A signature, esp. that of a celebrity written as a memento for an admirer.
Verb: (of a celebrity) Write one's signature on (something); sign: "the whole team autographed a shirt for him".
Adjective: Written in the author's own handwriting: "an autograph manuscript".
Synonyms: sign



But we get to the stake center and all line up to greet Elder Golden. When I went up to him we just start talking for a bit. And I was actually the very last in line. And I mentioned I used to live in Africa and stuff. And he immediately said he recognized my fathers face in mine. And he said remembers you vividly. And he hugged me like 5 times hahaha


Then he got up in front of the whole conference and started telling everyone how amazing my family is. And that we moved to Tanzania and Uganda and stuff. So yeah, pretty cool experience. He made me feel super welcome. And after, Elder Neeley and I were able to have dinner with him and Sister Golden. I truly believe that general authorities have a special gift of remembrance.

But we indeed were able to witness miracles this week. We have an 11-year-old investigator named Yanairi. She's been taught by the missionaries for like over 2 years. But we were able to have a really spiritual lesson with her and were able to commit her to pray specifically to ask if God wants her to be baptized this Saturday.

And we went over the other day to follow-up on her prayer. And she said that she did it and received a very warm and peaceful feeling right as she asked the question. So she will be baptized this Saturday and she asked if I would baptize her but we're trying to get her dad to perform her baptism instead.

I love missionary work. It seriously is the best calling in the whole world. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else in the world. I know that prayer is real; that we are literally talking to our Heavenly Father and that He actually listens to us. I know that for a fact. I have witnessed others gain a testimony of that right in front of my eyes as they pray and receive answers. I know that each one of us has the same true identity----children of our Heavenly Father. And I know that Satan wants to steal that identity to make us doubt that. I know that there is a plan of happiness so each one of us can return as families to live with Heavenly Father one day. And there is only one way to get there. Obedience to God's commandments. We are held to a higher standard than the rest of the world, which means we are expected to live the higher laws of obedience. So just do it.

Love you all!

Elder Gygi





No comments:

Post a Comment