Monday, November 5, 2012

Teaching Families in Ceres

Hey Family!

We had a super good week here in Ceres! A lot of success is happening right now. Our branch is really doing a great job to support the missionary work. We have such good members here.

A couple days ago we went to teach the two girls who have baptismal dates, Indra and Deyra. But they were busy so we just start talking to their mom. We had invited the mom earlier that week to be baptized, but she said she didn't really want to. So we invited her to pray about it.

We go back and talk to her and she immediately said, "I don't think I will be ready to be baptized this weekend with my daughters (keep in mind that she said no in the first place), but the following Saturday I’ll be ready." We were super excited that she had such a drastic change of heart. It was such a miracle!

So now we have two families of 3 with a baptismal date. Indra and Deyra for this Sunday. Esperanza (their mom) for Saturday the 17th. And Mariana and her son and daughter for Saturday the 24th. And they are all super solid and ready for baptism already.

Being a missionary is the best. Some lady just came up to me in the library and said, "are we gonna win tomorrow?” I said I sure hope so. I didn't have a clue as to what she was talking about. I think she might be referring to the election tomorrow. (Missionaries are so focused on their work that anything else hardly exists.) hahaha

Take care everyone!

Love,

Elder Gygi

A members home media system
Sean and little Taylor at Neuschwanstein Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment